It has been an interesting year full of good and bad for the world and everyone in it. I had quite a few changes go on during the year but luckily not too many very bad things.
Timeline of 2012 in blog posts reflection
January - New Year and Goals
4 blog posts during the month: progress report, goals, pick what I read, worldbuilding magic
February - Writing or Editing
1 post: novel writing month or editing writing month
March - Worldbuilding
1 post: gender roles in worldbuilding
April - A to Z blog Challenge
27 posts: won't name them all, went through alphabet for blogfest
May - Prep for June
1 post: camp nano
June - Moved
1 post: goals
July - Settling In
2 posts: July goals, progress
August - Still Settling
1 post: August goals
September - NaNo Thoughts
3 posts: the one, nanowrimo ideas, novels chosen to prep
October - NaNo Prep
1 post: nanowrimo
November - NaNoWriMo and New Job
3 posts: why nano, crazy word counts, December
December - End of Year Goals
1 post - December goals
Past Goals Revisited
I had many goal posts and progress reports as some months that's about all I posted. But now it's time to look at the whole year and the goals I made back at the beginning of January.
- Finish at least two first drafts of started novels: Angel/Demon, Thomas/Kyle, OttoHahn in E Minor or Lighting the Wall.
- Edit two novels.
- Be ready to submit to an agent by the end of the year.
- Reading 50 books
- Keep track of all fiction written, word count wise
How did I do?
- forgot to keep track of word count as of February
- read 47 books thanks to online manga
- editing turned out more a challenge and took longer to do the notes and get started on changes so both the edit goal and submit goal didn't work out
- didn't finish any novels but came close with a brand new one I started in nanowrimo
- wrote many flash fiction scenes, couple chapters in novels listed above but also in 2010 nano novel, wrote 165k in new novel (which will be 2 novels in rewrite) for nanowrimo this year and made some progress in non-writing goals that include moving out on my own and finding a new job.
2013 goals and January goals will be next.