While I have in the past posted my monthly writing goals on my other blog, I think that it's more appropriate to post them here from now on. Afterall, this is a blog about my works in progress and nothing else (with occasional exceptions).
My August Goals
1. At least 5 chapters on Tattle Tell (try to finish ASAP).
- I'd put finish by my birthday but that's slightly over half the book and while I can do 30+k in one month, I have to remember this isn't my only project and I'll have Microbiology with a lab to do as well. Plus my internship and maybe a job, maybe at the end of the month but that's a distant hope still.
2. 10k or so on Angel//Demon
- While I should put the other novels on the backburner, I just can't. Plus, I've told myself when I finish the first draft of this novel I can start writing Shiny (aka steampunk fantasy idea). And I really want to write my elemental fey helps human beat villain story.
3. Use WDC more besides writing in novels
- So, I've been on writing.com for 5 years now. But this past year my activity on the site has decreased. I've not gotten my contests judged, at all, like months late. I haven't taken part in contests, groups or discussions outside one or two. The only reason I really sign on is to post my novel work when I write in book items. It helps to have the online copies along with what's on my laptop. I used to review, a lot at the beginning of the year, and now nothing. My goal is to change that a little and maybe even get back into chat a few times (I blame twitter for me not going to chat).
4. Read 4 novels, at least
- Yeah, yeah, to write one needs to read but I haven't been very good at it. Last month I read Wings and The Forest of Hands and Teeth. I also started The Magicians and I'm still only half way. It's not a bad book either, just a little slow to read and I am distracted doing my own stuff. I have started Shiver. Hope to read that, Uglies, and at least two other books this month. I have so many to read it's ridiculous and at the end of the month I'll be getting Paranormalcy. Yay!
These are my goals for August.
What are your goals?