Definition of Economics:
1. The branch of knowledge concerned with the production, consumption, and transfer of wealth.
2. The condition of a region or group as regards material prosperity.
A few questions to consider when worldbuilding:
1. How do characters make a living?
2. How is the economy reflected in different locations?
3. What resources are available?
4. Are there any exports/imports?
5. What are the class rankings?
6. What objects have value and why?
In my novel:
1. Well, I don't have every character figured out yet but I know the two main characters with one needed more defining. The fey works on board of a flying ship keeping the vessel in good condition since he can manipulate wood. The human is in a mix between detective agency and military. I need to iron out the details for his career.
2. That I need to figure out, along with the climate and other details. First need to decide on the other locations.
3. Depends on the location. Some will vary obviously based on the landscape, climate, etc.
4. Yes. There will be for each location.
5. hmmmm That is a tough one and I will have to figure that out in particular.
6. This one too, since what is considered of value will depends on the region. Value will affect the export and import topic for sure.
What are your thoughts on economics?
Have any of the recommended questions figured out in particular?