Tuesday, April 24, 2012

U is for Utah

Yep, the place I used to live at and where I got my bachelor's degree, but no worries, this post isn't about me.

(image link)

The urban fantasy story I have in mind that includes a female main character is set in Salt Lake City Utah.  I almost wrote the story for NaNoWriMo 2011. Even went to SLC in September when I was in Utah visiting family. My awesome friend Ariana showed me around some places while I was there that might help me with my story.

I got the idea from an urban fantasy chat held on twitter to set an urban fantasy story in Utah, so it's also one of the few ideas that didn't come from a dream. In the chat, someone said that where they were from would be too boring for UF, and when they said they were in Utah I thought that SLC would actually be a good place for such a story. Not sure when I will write the story but hope to one day.

I guess U could have also stood for Urban Fantasy...

2 comments:

dolorah said...

Urban Fantasy in Utah. Has a compelling sound to it.

Dawn Embers said...

Donna Hole - lol, that it does. :-D

Fun

I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I write like
Mark Twain

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!