Saturday, April 20, 2013

R is for Revolution


I don't know what it is about a revolution but I seem to be attracted to the concept. I have more than one book that involves the form of conflict. In fact I have 2 series in the same world called "Rogues of Revolution". I'm not sure why, but these are some of the ideas that come to me. And I think partly relates to why people like certain genres like dystopia. Having even a small fight against a "system" can make for an interesting story.

Revolution definition:
1. an overthrow or repudiation and the thorough replacement of an established government or political system by the people governed.
2. (sociology) a radical and pervasive change in society and the social structure, especially one made suddenly and often accompanied by violence.
3. a sudden, complete or marked change in something.


Though I will say I see many focus on the start of the revolution but it's hard to get the full monty in relation to 1, as in the full overthrow and replacement. There is more focus (that I have read though I'm sure there are others out there) on challenging the current system.

One question to ask is why fight against the system? Why speak out when chances are it won't make a difference? The characters need a reason for their actions and throughout a series, the question may need to come up. It's something I'm considering in my series. But it will have to wait, first need to finish editing the first book.


Ever read any books that involve revolution?
Write any books that has a plot involving a revolution?

No comments:

Fun

I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I write like
Mark Twain

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!