Monday, April 22, 2013

S is for Swing

The childhood one, not that other one. Okay, the music type works too but not the... ugh, never mind. Here is the post about swings. ;-)



We had swings kind of like that, though I don't remember as much from a child. I know I liked to use the swings though. But the ones I remember were when I was in high school. After volleyball practice was over and we waited for our moms to come pick us up, me and a friend would sit on the swings (there was an elementary school next to the high school). We even went to the park sometimes and would mess around with the swings being our favorite spots.

Sure, it's not really a very active form of exercise and won't burn off many calories at all, but it's fun. That's the point of today's post. Childlike fun can be good to experience even as an adult, so don't be afraid to add those old pastimes in on occasion to break up a routine.

It might be easier if you have kids, but even if you don't, that's okay too. Just be careful about the playground interaction cause you don't want to be viewed as creepy, you want to go have fun for yourself. As children it's easy to have fun, to play, scamper across lawns, not care about dandelions being weeds and many other things. Imagination and make believe are more than acceptable. However, I don't want to lose any of that because I'm an adult. Sure, I do adult things most of the time, I have stress, bills, work and all that jazz (closely related to that other type of swing). I also have my imagination and want to find more time for play. Life is too short not to have fun.


What is your favorite playground toy?
Do you still do things from your childhood?

2 comments:

Denise Covey said...

Hi Dawn. I don't think we ever grow out of swings. The new house I've moved to has a park with swings. I think I'll sneak over at night when all the kiddies leave and have a good swing!

Denise

Dawn Embers said...

Denise - Great idea. At night time is awesome. :-D

Fun

I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I write like
Mark Twain

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!