Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Y is for Yet

Almost to the end but we aren't there quite yet. Will I be able to find a Z topic for both fiction and fitness? You will have to come back tomorrow to find out but also check out the other blogs to see who has survived the month over at the A to Z Challenge.

Y is for Yet

I picked this word after a few hours of trying to come up with a good topic that could work for both fiction and fitness for a reason. Often times we hear not to let the word "can't" get in our way. It even has become a slogan or saying to take the word "can't" out of our personal vocabulary. And while I get the sentiment, I actually do not agree. In fact, I get a little teen angsty and want to tell people to stop trying to limit my vocabulary. lol

To some degree, there are going to be things that we may not be able to do for varying reasons. That, however, is not my focus either because well, that doesn't start with a Y. Instead, I want to offer that sometimes instead of not using the word at all, instead that we add one to it.

I can't... yet.

It is usually something we may not be capable of at this time but that doesn't mean we can't work towards accomplishing it in the future. There are lots of things I can't do now but if I want to work towards them then can't will be come can.

Fiction

I can't submit a novel... yet.

I can't write finish a world building project... yet.

I can't decide which novel to write for NaNoWriMo... yet.


Fitness

I can't kayak... yet.

I can't coordinate a fist fight... yet.

I can't jog a 10k... yet.


What is something you can't do... yet?

1 comment:

Tamara Narayan said...

I can't wear a swimsuit without cringing . . . yet.

Fun

I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I write like
Mark Twain

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!