Tuesday, October 5, 2010

NaNo Prep - Audience

Today's assignment is to figure out the audience for the novel. Since I'm not to sure on the exact break down of people who read epic fantasy, I kind of rambled for a paragraph but it's better than nothing.


Who is the audience for the novel?


The general audience is for the readers that love epic/high fantasy. It's overall range includes high schoolers and adults, with a focus on adults but a reality being some high schoolers prefer the adult fantasy section over YA, including male readers. Epic fantasy is one of those love it or don't care for it types of subgenres of fantasy. While the subgenre has its set of readers, to get a little more specific, my book will have a little smaller audience because of sexual orientation. One of the main characters is gay, another is in denial and one of the mixed cities is run by a couple of lesbians. So, that factor may limit the audience. I also have my own take on elves, (short hair anyone?), and those that don't like change won't want to read the books. But that still leaves a big enough audience. The main targe for this novel, however, is me. I'm writing this book for me first and no one else.

No comments:

Fun

I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I write like
Mark Twain

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!