Wednesday, October 20, 2010

NaNo Prep - minor character 2 story

Not much of a story this time, but a little bit of dialogue with some story to it.


Dwarf backstory


The constant drip drip of water echoing throughout the inner regions of the quartz filled caves beat a rhythm into the two dwarves as their breathing began to labor from the arduous hike.

"Remind me, why did we do this again?" The yellow haired male huffed as he grabbed a slab of rock to support himself, taking another break.

Crystal paused, looking back with a slight huff. Her long red hair was contained by some segments of string but it felt chaotic, so she spent a moment fixing it. "Cause it's fun. I'm tired of sitting around watching the others drink. I want adventure."

He quickly responded. "It's work and that's not fun."

"Maybe it takes a little work sometimes, but it'll be worth the effort to see the cave waterfall."

"Yeah, yeah," he grumbled, pushing off from the rock as they continued onward. "I still don't get why you want to adventure so much, but as long as you keep it in the mountain."

Sighing, Crystal shook her head. "You'll see. Someday I'll be the greatest dwarf explorer that ever existed. I'll go to strange lands and meet all kinds of beings. Maybe I'll meet the elves or spend my days among the humans. Either way, I am going to do something besides rot in the ground."

No comments:

Fun

I write like
Arthur Conan Doyle

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!

I write like
Mark Twain

I Write Like by Mémoires, Mac journal software. Analyze your writing!